Coban is a self-adherent wrap made of a porous, non-woven polyester material. Coban by 3M sticks to itself, but not other materials like skin or hair. Coban is used for a variety of treatments that include compression and doesn’t need pins or tape to keep it in place. It does not loosen easily after application, making Coban ideal for reliable, consistent compression.
Caution: Somve variants of this product contain natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions for those who are sensitive. For those who are sensitive to rubber products, try our latex-free variants or Latex-Free Coflex.
Coban Wrap adheres to itself and therefore requires no adhesive, clips, or fasteners like other wrappings. Coban wrapping tape is lightweight and provides non-slip support. This medical wrapping tape comfortably adapts to the contours of the body, providing consistent compression. Coban Self-Adherent Elastic Wrap functions like a tape but sticks only to itself. Available in a variety of widths to meet individual application needs. It’s a laminate of non-woven material and elastic fibers to provide elasticity.
Coban Wrapping Tape Applications
Coban Wrap has many medical applications. Coban can be used as a compression bandage to reduce or stop bleeding while promoting circulation and healing. It can reduce bruising and help control swelling. Hospital and clinical applications include holding IVs in place, affixing monitors, vascular post-operative wrap, support wrap, bandage, edema control, leg ulcer wrap, and finger immobilization. Coban tape is often used as an over wrap in conjunction with the Unna Boot.
Coban Medical Tape Features and Benefits
• Non-Sticking Bandage Wrap
• Self-Adhesive Tape with No Clips or Fasteners
• Light Pressure Bandage
• Lightweight Porous Wrapping that is Breathable
• Adaptable to Body Contours
• Sticks to Itself Without Need for Adhesive, Pins, or Clips for Fast and Easy Application
• Slip-Resistant — No Need for Frequent Readjustment
• Comfortable for Patients and Athletes
• Protects Primary Dressings
• Wrapping Splints and Arm Boards
• Over Wrap for Unna Boot
• Securing IVs and Other Devices
• Sterile Drape Stabilization
• Leg Wrap – Post Operative
There are no reviews yet.